Monday, February 1, 2010

To a Precious Memory

Week 17

I still hear Your paw steps scrabble

Slip sliding down the hall,

And too clear I remember

Just how You loved that ball.

Obsessed You were and such great fun

As unto me, a quality that thrills

Only now,

As years have passed,

I realize such loyal love

Was too easily taken for granted.


I remember how I used to share,

My bed, at night, with You.

Your little brother laying there

Curled up with me too.

Your presence so cherished,

But not enough it would seem

Hindsight is 20/20 when I think of You,

My heartbeat at my feet.

I often think of You with grief, of that summer

You slipped from my side.


Today there is another,

He reminds me so of You,

To his presence near me I delight,

I still think, even so:

Of that Jewel who to me

Is still so very dear,

And when I cry I wonder

If my words maybe You can hear.

I love You,

Forgive me.


I think of her often, and wonder what could have been today, had circumstances been different.

No comments:

Post a Comment