Monday, August 17, 2009

I am so sick of it.

I am so, SO sick of freaking neighbors who let their dogs run loose throughout the neighborhood. I'm sick of dealing with them. I'm sick of not being able to have my dog out in the yard without having a dog come to our fence and take his attention away. And it's not even as if it has a normal time frame, so I could go out prepared for it and work on the issue. I'm sick of fence fights, and I'm sick of not being able to walk my dog because they can't put their dogs out on a line if they want them out of the house.

I appreciate that those kids at least TRIED to call their dogs away from the fence this time, but let's face it, none of those kids really have control over the dogs. Not really their fault, I have to go out and get Jake's attention before he'll go inside with me anyways. But he always follows that command as soon as he realizes I'm there. That's the only way the fence fighting stops.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed the vent.

On a lighter note, I remembered earlier today that Jake turns 2 in September. I'll have to figure out a song for a slideshow.

Have a comparison.

Then:



Now:

Sigh... I love this dog.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the ongoing fence drama. It's really tough having things in your neighborhood that upset your dogs. This summer we've had to change quite a few things around, especially with the addition of new dogs on my block that don't all get along.

    Jake looks great now. Much happier in the latest pictures! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs not getting along sucks. I tried to walk Jake once and Chewie(one of the loose dogs) came out and in retrospect I made a mistake in stopping and letting them try to greet each other, because it looked good at first then they didn't get along. I thought they might have, because every other dog I've tried to introduce Jake to went fine. I'm sorry to hear that you'd had neighborhood dog trouble as well.

    It's hard to believe I've had Jake a year and a half! He was five months old when I got him. He was all clumsy and adorable... it's amazing to see how coordinated he's actually grown up to be, lol! He can be a pain in the butt, but I can't imagine life without him now.

    ReplyDelete