Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Freestyle

So after looking into freestyle some more(Thanks Sam/Missmutt) I've gotten rather enthused about trying to put together a routine. I'd actually looked at it before, but I could never think of a song that fit the way Jake moves in any way... or that I would want to work with. I found two that I think we would have a lot of fun with, I would just need to cut them down...

Kryptonite by Three Doors Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8gEIBs5CU

and Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsmRuRp4cM

I like the beats and lyrics of both, and they'd be easy to work with. I especially like the beat in Kryptonite... I'm torn.

I've also been thinking about tricks I could use for a routine. + means he knows it already.

Spin +
Sit +
Down +
Play Dead +
Pony +
Cross(?)+
Weave between Legs
Back Up
Beg +
Circle
Heel +

I know Spin will definitely be a key in any routine, he loves that trick. I haven't quite figured out how to easily teach that Weave between Legs... I've tried before, but he never seemed to get it. Sigh. We'll get there.

On a depressing note, my best friend's Cockatiel Snickers passed away last night. Fly free little guy...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to be of some help! Get some videos up soon of you two practicing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed over here from Marge's place. So sorry to hear about the little bird passing...sigh. Sounds to me like you have some great dogs!

    ReplyDelete