Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oi What a Week...

Title says it all, really. I've had a very bad ear canal infection all this week. Woke up on Sunday with an ear that hurt to the touch. Got done with school Monday, went straight to bed with a hurting ear and just not feeling right. By that evening it was throbbing. Woke up at 3 AM and woke my mom up in tears, spent Tuesday moaning in pain or sleeping, woke up three times that night and vomited Wednesday morning, went to the doctor that afternoon and got a lovely shot of antibiotics. Like... a gram of something which the name of I can't remember. After they debated about sending me to the hospital for IV antibiotics. I just know they kept describing how my ear looked as 'very angry' lol. The nurses were very gentle but the doctor kept poking and tugging while he examined it.

Thankfully, because of the pills and ear drops they have me taking(as well as painkillers) I am feeling MUCH better. The swelling in and around my ear has gone WAY down, as has the redness. Yayy.

Unfortunately that means I haven't done much with Jake, and the poor guy is going kind of stir crazy. He however took advantage of my illness as I let him sneak up onto the couch with me once even though he's not allowed. It was a one time thing though, lol, and Buck looked at me like 'you traitor, he's not allowed!'.

I'm behind on my writing assignments now because of it, due to immense pain and therefore a lack of ability to concentrate; however I have a REALLY understanding teacher who told me when she was emailed about the situation not to worry about turning my things in a bit late, just to get better soon and turn them in as soon as possible.

Also I start drivers ed courses on Wednesday, and before too long I should be mobile and able to get a job. It was killing me when we drove past the theater(where I would REALLY like to work) and they were taking applications. Can't apply for anything until I'm able to transport myself to and from though. Soon!

So yeah, unfortunately not much dog related to report due to illness. Hopefully I'll have something to share soon.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only sick one. I've been sick since Wednesday and part of the reason that I don't feel better is because I keep pushing myself. I have two big days at school coming up (and Agility class tomorrow) so I really need to rest today...

    ReplyDelete